Silver Star Farm is conveniently located in Spotsylvania County and offers a:
- 120ft x 240ft lighted outdoor ring
- 60ft Round Pen
- Spacious 12x16 stalls
- 2 private turn-out paddocks for 2-3 horses(in-use)
- 2 large pastures for group turnout
Vet: Commonwealth Equine and Woodside North
Farrier: Carl Via (A certified Journeyman Farrier)
We encourage our boarders to be present for the vet and/or farrier appointments to address any concerns or ask questions and to have an established relationship with both.
Boarders are welcome to use a different Vet or Farrier and are 100% responsible for any and all scheduling arrangements with non-SSF vets or farriers.
Along with horse boarding, Silver Star offers sales and an annual show series(See Horse Show page for more info.).
Full Care Stall Board: $375/a month
Includes (but not limited to) the following:
*Stalls Cleaned Daily
*Hay, Grain, and Water Daily. Horses are fed to their individual needs.
*Supplements given if needed, horse owners are responsible for supplying any and all supplements
Turnout Info.:Currently only offering group turnout, as ALL private turnout is full/in use.
Winter turnout(Oct. - March): Out during the day, in at night.
Summer turnout(April - Oct.): In during the day and out at night.
**NOTE** If the weather is mild and comfortable the horses will be turned out 24/7, unless otherwise instructed by owner(s)**
Limited Field Board: $275 a month.
* Hay and grain daily
* Fresh water access
* Supplements given, if provided by owner.
*Note field boarders are turned out 24/7 year round. Special arrangements can be made for show prep, stalling for bad weather(if there is an open stall and on a first come, first serve basis), and/or injury/illness recovery. Boarder(s) will be charged a daily stall rate.
- Medical Care Fee: $10 a day (wound cleaning, doctoring, bandaging, extensive medicating(more than just meds with AM/PM feeding), cold hosing, etc.), plus the cost of bandages and wound cleaners if not provided by horse owner.
- Holding Fee: $25 per horse for vet and farrier visits if owner can not be present. We encourage our boarders to be present for the vet and/or farrier to address any concerns and to an established relationship with both. SSF uses Commonwealth Equine(Vet) and Carl Via (Farrier). Boarders are welcome to use a different Vet or Farrier and are 100% responsible for any and all scheduling with non-SSF vets or farriers.
- We reserve the right to charge an additional $30 Hay surcharge fee per horse during winter months.
For NON- Boarders
Ring Rental: If you need extra practice before a show, don't have a ring of your own, want to school some green horses off the property, or even hold a show series of your own, our ring is available! Contact us today!
Practice/Schooling Rental: $20 (per horse/rider duo)
Show/Event Rental: $250